Farmers’ Markets are a great way to meet locals and experience a community’s culture. We are fortunate to have two Alberta-approved Farmers’ Markets in our region: this means that an impressive 80% of their vendors have made, baked, or grown the product that is for sale. The remaining 20% sell items that complement the market variety. See what unique items you can take home as souvenirs!
Athabasca Farmers' Market
We make it, we bake it, and we grow it! You can enjoy this Alberta-approved farmers’ market year-round – weekly on Saturdays in the summer and bi-weekly to monthly in the off-season. The summer markets are held on the beautiful Athabasca riverfront where you can buy local honey, free-range meat, vegetables, baking, crafts, and more. Once it gets cold, the market moves to the Multiplex. Visit them online to find out more about the next scheduled market.
Boyle Farmers' Market
This Alberta-approved farmers’ market offers an exceptional variety of goods from commercial vendors and agricultural producers including baking, sewing, jewellery, homemade soaps and lotions, crafts, and more. The Boyle farmers’ market meets from mid-May to mid-September on Thursdays at the Boyle Community Centre and holds special holiday markets throughout the winter season. Community groups offer lots of special events and draws that make the market a destination in itself! Visit their Facebook page or follow them on Twitter for information on the next market.