Pork Rib Backyard BBQ Competition
HEY ATHABASCA! Show us your MEAT!!
Welcome to the first annual Backyard BBQ Rib competition in Athabasca! We are looking for the best Ribs in the north!
Come show off your skills!
Early bird registration & entry fee of $60 until May 31, after May 31 fee bumps to $100
• This is a Pork Ribs Only Competition, meat will be provided.
• Please see below for completed rules/regulations, by submitting this form, the contestants agree they have read and will abide by all rules/regulations set forth and established by the Athabasca District Ag Society.
Check-In Time is 8:00 am—10:00 am, all teams must be set up by 10:00 am
First Place ($250) + Trophy
Second Place ($150)
Third Place ($75)
Schedule of Events:
- 3 pm-8 pm: Tack and Trade Show
- 5 pm-8 pm : Community Weiner Roast ($5 entry)
- 8 am-10 am: Contestants show up/ set up
- 9am – 3pm: Kids Demo Rodeo
- 9:45 AM: Head chef meeting
- 10am-4pm: Antique Tractors Display
- 10am-6pm: Lawn Games
- 10am-3pm: Bench Show Display
- 11am-3pm: Tack Show and Vendor Sale
- 10am-4 pm: Amatuer BBQ Competition
- 1130am-630pm: 4H Concession
- 4pm: Bench Show Judging & Results
- 4 pm: BBQ hand in & Judging Results
- 7pm: Dance & Cabaret